Monday, July 30, 2012

Feather Lamp Shade

For months I was trying to figure out a cool, girlie thing to do with a lamp for Morgan's room.  I tried coffee filters but that wasn't my fave.  I tried ruffles but that didn't do it for me either.  Enter Target home decor section.  I saw this cute feather lamp and knew that I would be trying that out to see if it hit the spot.


Inspiration: Target Lamp
Feather Boa (got mine at Hobby Lobby)

Lamp Shade Before (leopard) /After (coffee filters)/ and Before (coffee filters)

Add some hot glue and the boa...

After



It is working for me right now.  I am happy with how it turned out.  The only issue it had is my fault.  I grabbed some light bulbs and didn't look at how powerful they were.  They were 60 watt (for the chandelier) and I put them in.  A few minutes later I could smell melted glue and I'm sure it would have turned into burned feathers if I hadn't caught the mistake and put in 15 watt bulbs instead.  

2 comments:

  1. Cute, especially with that base. I was wondering about the safety of feathers, but you caught it before any real disaster occurred!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love it. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/apple-cinnamon-roll-pull-aparts-and.html
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...