Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I have a few spots left for my guest post vacation week Nov. 8th-20th.  Let me know if you want to guest post!

Happy Halloween!  I really love this day because it's just fun.  Tonight we're having my sister-in-law's family and their friends (the ones who gave me the chandelier) over to go trick or treating in our Mayberry neighborhood.  The mansion down the road even gives away full sized candy bars (and I found that out through my friend, their daughter)!  But I'll be honest with you, I'm kind of lame this year.  I have no actual Halloween decorations and I didn't even buy, let alone make, Morgan a new costume.  Last year she had three and she wore them all.  I decided that she gets to wear one of those this year.  I know, I know.  What kind of blogger am I?

Last year we got totally into the holiday.  We went to at least 3 parties and went trick-or-treating twice (once Saturday and once Sunday at our friend's).  We had the coolest Halloween party last year. It was 80's themed and we planned an "Amazing Race" around Boise and the city (suburb) where we lived.

We started out at the corn maze and had to get 10 of the 12 whole punches around the maze.

The next clue led us to Big Jud's where we had to eat a huge burger and fries, but on the way we had to interact with strangers and video it. We chose a family that we saw as we were driving past the elementary school and played "ring around the rosies" with them -- it's all on tape. After we ate the food, the people at Big Jud's gave us our next clue. On our way to the clue -- one of the big parks in Boise -- we had to do a Chinese fire drill.  Once we were at the park we had to find a big tree (that was kind of a memorial with a plaque full of facts) and memorize a few facts about it/Boise/America to take to the next place, our friend's house, and tell the facts to her daughter, who told us our next clue.

For that one we had to play Dance Dance Revolution and get at least a "B" on it. Well, it was my game (tisk tisk) so we were the first to pass that and get our next thing -- a word search with scrambled words that led us to our next clue.

Then we had to relay run/walk three miles to a house where one team member would shoot a gun and had to get a bull's eye. Then we got our next clue, which was to eat a half gallon of ice cream (between the team) and the next clue was at the bottom. That led us to a farm where we finished by milking a cow.

It was a super cool party and everything worked out so well.  If you are planning a party next year, this is totally one you should do.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.  
I really looked pretty rad at the beginning of the party but all that running and dancing for hours really took a toll on my 80's looks.

Here are two of Morgan's costumes.  The other is a Renaissance princess, which is what she is going to be tonight.
Have a great day and be safe!  If you want to see a DIY shirt recycle that I posted yesterday for a breast cancer awareness Linky party, click here.

7 comments:

  1. looks like fun:) happy halloween:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what kind of guest posts are you looking for?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those costumes for your daughter are so cute! And I love the t-shirt redo. I need to do some of those for my daughter. And I would be interested in a guest post! You can email me at atanner1120@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! I love the picture of Morgan with the 80's hair. Looks like she's rockin' out. 80's parties are my favorite - I had one for my 30th birthday. Luckily, I still have some spandex and a Bon Jovi fringed leather jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't make my little one a costume either. Not everything has to be cutsie wootsie and homemade. Sometimes we just need a break, right? Also, I'm interested in guest posting! You can contact me at quelindacrafts@gmail.com. And, I gave the Versatile Blogger Award. I think your blog is great! Come take a look-

    http://quelinda-crafts.blogspot.com/2011/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little daughter and her costumes are so cute! Laura - Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 80's costumes and the whole scavenger party idea! I was cracking up picturing the whole ring-around-the-rosy bit. Too funny.

    Thanks for signing up and following my blog! I really appreciate it.

    Have a great day,
    Erin from Out on a Limb...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...