Sunday, October 30, 2011

Going Pink: Breast Cancer Awareness

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month I have been invited to do a "Pink" post.  I thought about it for like three seconds and knew what I was going to DIY for this post.  My pink "Blondes Do It Better" baby tee, recycled to a dress for Morgan.  I mean, it was a great shirt that I got in the junior's department when I was in my early 20's with my bestie, K, and our friend, A, who got a "Brunettes Actually Have More Fun" shirt, but there comes a time when shirts like that have to be retired.  

On a side note, I really like this picture because it looks like I had a boob job -- which ties in well with the theme.  :)  I'm the one in the bandanna, btw, and there is no boob job.  Just a great Victoria's Secret bra.

Here it is on Morgan, who is not very happy to have it on.  It needs some work.


I cut it where I thought it needed to be cut to fit her.

Sewed the sides and top.  Then the sleeves.

And it looks terrible as a dress, which the look on her face seems to relate.

I made some little flower things by tying some excess material in a knot and twisting in a circle around the knot while hot gluing.

Then I sewed the bottom to t-shirt length and glued the little flowers and some tulle on.

And now she's a little happier to be wearing it... or maybe it's the Oreo that's making her happy.

So there's my "Pink" post.  I have never had a family member with breast cancer (we're more of a stroke family), but I have many friends who have.  I love that everyone comes together to support this awareness!  Thanks everyone who shared and who read.  

Go see everyone else's "Pink" posts at the Linky party at The ArtsyGirl Connection.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on painting the fireplace!!! Pink - Great Cause! I love the tshirt redesign ~ will come in handy this summer with camps! I'm your newest follower and would love to have you follow me on your next visit!!!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Kelli, how adorable are you guys in your shirts.. So super cute.. BUT Morgan takes the crown, she's too cute for words.. I love this post, so lovely. I SINCERELY appreciate you taking a minute out of your blogging schedule to go PINK for cure, this means SO MUCH to me.. THANK YOU SO much. Sending you big hugs and fun wishes for your weekend.. TY TY ..Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha; that is too cute! And your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that... I am your newest follower. Check out my blog at http://www.pinkumbrellaphotography.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...